Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

One day like mine no one would like to have:

Well oh well today my wife and I start our day late because we could not help it, we have a late night. My wife and I were trying to figure out some financial assignment she have for school, and we do not know if was correct or not but she posted any way and we went to bed. The night before this, we went to Ihop and stayed awake most of the night and yesterday. I did have like 3 hours of sleep but she did not so I though to help her with the assignment and I did submerge myself in her book trying to find what was all the fuss about. Being out of school after so many years this was a challenge for me and at the end we discovered that was more to it than we were thinking. My wife and I went to bed and fell sleep may be like 3:45 am so we wake up like 1:30 pm myself and for her she woke up half hour earlier. For some reason we were complete wiped out, no energy so when she took off for work I was going to set myself to write some lines here on the blog, and I was falling sleep so I did stop and went back to bed and I start to watch TV. It did not take me long to fall sleep I did not wake up until pass 10 pm or 10:30 pm. I washed the dishes and made the diner before she came home from work. The fact that I did sleep like a bear all day I feel like my life was indeed falling in depressing downfall complete monotony. I wish I could find a way to get the money for my process of immigration we do have all the paper work done and ready to be send but money now is the missing essence.




I been thinking what if I give classes of Spanish to the people over the office because after the two and half years that we have been here at the apartment complex, they have ask me to help them several times with translation of documents, letters or with people that does not speak English. I think this would be a good idea if they do not want to take a Spanish class I could charge people 10 dollars per hour and half for class least this will help me bring some money in and keep me busy.



Even the manager mention to my wife that her husband was going to need some tutoring. But instead he rather go to the university, so when my wife told me that, well you can imagine my idea of finding ways to get the money for my papers when to the drain. I thought to myself that I could try to teach English to Hispanics, but the ones living on the surrounding areas do not know they and me are not exactly the type that allows any stranger to show them something that is going to help them to get better in life. The ones that do live in the surrounding area say no I am to old to learn, no my kids can translate for me, and that why I can not stand Hispanics even when I am the one from México. I have heard some say well if I need to learn English then I will go to school and learn it or maybe next year. Yeah right!



Any way I still having hoped some how or some one could be sending donations to my other site or a miracle happened and some one help us along the way.



Well if I have more to say later I will see you soon if not well tomorrow will be or may be Monday I don’t know LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi armondo, I am john.
    Thank you for doing what you're doing, trying to be in america the right way. After reading your post I understand what that gadget "money for papers" means. I can not donate but I have thoughts and Ideas that may help.
    You have a poll asking what do I want mexicans to do. I want all 4. Many people think I do not like mexicans, I also say things that let them think I do.
    I feel you should stay in your country, in part because I do not want you here. That is mean to say correct?
    I say that because your country needs you because your leaders hurt your people, You can come here, but there are millions of mexicans that can not. You are here to either become an american which is great and for that I welcome you and wish I could do more for you. Or you are here to work, earn money and send it back to mexico which in a very small part hurts the american system. Or you are come here and refuse to be a part of this country and demand that america conform to you.
    I see in your post you and your wife want to be a part and join the USA. Thank YOU :D
    You said you want to teach others english. That is a very nobel thing to do. Do not give up on that. You said it went down the drain because the manager will go to the university.
    There are many fellow mexicans that can not afford to go, but they should learn, You teach them. I have learned Mexicans are a proud people, You must show them the way try and find a place to gather, a community center, A large warehouse where you can gather in group, You teach them english, your wife can watch the children, a friend can cook foods. does that make sense?.
    Mexicans also speak of god and are faithful. A church is such a place to gather and pray on one day each week ( i think )
    other days it is empty. You must speak with your priest. make pamphlets / flyers and give them to the people entering the church. You eat lunch at noon. everyone eats at noon. have everyone bring their lunch, or foods to be prepared. the church can have a feast, kids play and study, make learning english a game that everyone will play. pinata? have the children make some, fill it with little toys and words or symbols. Just a few Ideas. I hope you get what you and wife need :D
    Stay safe
    john

    ReplyDelete

google reader