Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Did you ever feel as you where in limbo?

According to the definitions, I found. Limbo is:

First, Often capitalized; an abode of souls that are according to Roman Catholic theology barred from heaven because of not having received Christian baptism.

Second; A: a place or state of restraint or confinement; B: a place or state of neglect or oblivion “Proposals kept in limbo”; C: an intermediate or transitional place or state; D: a state of uncertainty.

Being myself a Catholic this definitions are the closest things we know. We were taught at home, as much as in church about limbo; however, for some reason, my understanding of things was a little off for my younger age.

It was not until my teenage years, when I finally understood the concept. In addition, I was experiencing, not only physical changes in my life, but also on my psychic ability of seeing and hearing, what others can’t. “On time to time” It is like being in the Limbo and I will probably use this; c: final answer. Sometimes feeling isolated or like you do not belong.

In my daily life, it is sometimes like a juggling act with chainsaws in which the minimal distraction can cost you death, pain and suffering.

As Mexican married for three years and a half to an American citizen, it also can make you feel in Limbo. I will try to explain it the best way I can. It is not because we do not love each other, because we do. Most of the feeling comes from the isolation and racial discrimination caused by the lack of information, knowledge and understanding; with this last one, I will add up. “You should walk a mile in my shoes”

Right at this moment, I am happy to say I will be soon a resident of United States. Nevertheless, even becoming legal to live and work will not change the undeniable and painful truth, that every time we hear, watch or read a racial comment it will make us feel like in the Limbo. However, when we come out of limbo we will be stronger.

Let us review this if you ever felt like you do not belong or being rejected by any means, either because the color of your skin or your personal beliefs, religion or any other reason. Think of Limbo not only as the definition above said, think it as a retreat, where you can get stronger, inform, educated, with better understanding, compassion and forgiveness.

As I mentioned it on my last post the law of attraction, it is a universal law. If you think positive, it will bring positive into your life. However if you think negative the law of attraction will bring negative things into your life repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google reader